Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Day After

I am glad I titled the last one "Final Post" because I sat down about three times to add a little and got called away in the middle. I wanted to add on to fill everyone in, but the schedule was so packed the last few weeks that it was literally impossible. Between answering phone calls and emails, and finalizing the planning for race weekend, my days got away from me.

As I reflect on the weekend, I have mostly happy thoughts! The volunteers and committee were incredible and everyone worked so hard. So many runners have already sent emails in appreciation for all of the work put into this race. Since we are ALL volunteers, we had to get back to work today and I am sure many, including myself, are absolutely exhausted, but on cloud 9 because of the compliments!

I really appreciate all of the people that have taken the time to send an email. You are the ones that make all of the time worth it! Congratulations to all of the runners this year for keeping smiles on your face and completing your race! You are AMAZING!

No comments:

Post a Comment