Thursday, July 16, 2009

Not much to talk about...

The planning is fairly complete, even the details. We are still in need of two aid station captains and crews, but other than that, we are doing well. Oh ya, we could also use any volunteers that would be willing to help race day, or race weekend. You can either email me, or our volunteer coordinator for any of this if you are interested. We had a great committee meeting on Monday and got a lot done!

I am already thinking about going back to teaching in a few weeks, August 5th to be exact. If you are from somewhere else, that may sound early, but we get out in mid May here. I am excited to get a new group of students. It is so much fun to see how much a child can learn in one year. 5th grade is definitely my favorite: they are old enough to follow directions and they mature so much throughout the year, becoming very relational. At home I have a 6th and 8th grader this year, so they help keep me on track with the latest. Teaching is such a huge part of my life during the school year and so I am trying to have all of the big and little things for the race complete by the first week in August. I am sure there will be things that come up, but it will be manageable.

I am excited for race day. I am sure you are all getting ready for it as well. Let's hope for perfect weather, for Pasta in the Park, and the races. We have had a lot of rain, but it is slowing up. In most cases, the rain would not affect the races; however, it could put a damper on our dinner. I won't worry until the time comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment